2016 Atlanta Jazz Festival Call for Artists
Submission Deadline: February 22nd, 2016
City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs
The Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA) is seeking exceptional visual artwork to feature as the official art for the 2016 Atlanta Jazz Festival. The Festival will select one local artist’s art to feature as the official artwork on marketing collateral and merchandise, such as official festival posters and t-shirts.
The Atlanta Jazz Festival is regarded as one of the largest FREE jazz festivals in the country. An annual celebration of the music, culture and art of jazz begins in April and culminates each Memorial Day weekend in May, with an outdoor festival featuring jazz artists from all over the world. The Atlanta Jazz Festival is produced by the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs, and is free and open to the public. The mission of the Atlanta Jazz Festival is to expose and entertain a diverse audience of Jazz aficionados, young Jazz enthusiasts and aspiring musicians to the rich heritage and variety of Jazz as an authentic form of American music.
In celebrating not only the music, but also the visual components of jazz culture, the artwork should be innovative and visually expressive of the jazz legacy. Artists may draw inspiration from previous Atlanta Jazz Festival posters, as well as festival poster artwork from other jazz festivals, such as Newport, New Orleans, and Montreux. A featured jazz art collection is also available to view for inspiration here.
Artists must be an Atlanta resident, 18 years or older, and must have proven visual art experience. The selected artist will be asked to sign a release form and permit use of the selected artwork.
The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs Atlanta Jazz Festival will award a $1,000.00 stipend to the selected artist.
Submitting an Application
- Current CV or bio that includes contact information ‐ address, telephone number, email and website.
- Supporting materials:
- Each artist may submit one (1) image
- Format your image to 300 dpi, no larger than 2MB file size, jpeg file (file extension must end in .jpg or .jpeg).
- Label your image file as follows: firstname_lastname.jpg (ex. john_smith.jpg)
- Submit via email to [email protected] and include the following info in the body of your email:
- Artist’s First and Last Name artist
- Artwork Title
- Artwork Medium
- Artist’s preferred email address
- Artist’s mailing address
- Selected original artwork must be in a medium that can be added to the City of Atlanta’s artwork collection, i.e. a painting, photograph, print, as it will become the property of the City of Atlanta.
Submissions must be received by 5:00 pm Monday, February 22, 2016 Eastern Standard Time. Submissions received after this deadline and those that are found to be incomplete will not be reviewed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that submissions are complete and arrive in the office by the deadline.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Office of Cultural Affairs. Notification of the selected artwork by March 1, 2016.