50th Anniversary Plein Air Paint Out
Wonderful people of the arts and beyond,
It is the Chastain Arts Center’s 50th Anniversary on Saturday, August 11th!
Paint Quick check in/registration will take place in the Main Office of the Chastain Arts Center, at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday, August 11th. The Paint Quick starts promptly at 10:00 A.M. so please allow enough time for parking and the check-in process.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Paint Quick Rules
As a prepaid registrant, you may check in between 9:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M. Walk-up registration the day of the event will be processed at the same location for $40.
At Check In:
- You will receive a name tag and the location where you may paint during this event
- We will collect your completed release form
- We will stamp your canvas or paper [maximum of 2 pieces per artist] these must be stamped during Check In and prior to 10:00 A.M.
- You will receive a tag for your name/painting title/price. Attach it to the back of your completed painting before the judging/sales event.
Artists may work in oils, acrylics, pastels, water media or drawing media (pencils, pens, charcoal, conté). Photography is NOT eligible. All work must be completed solely by the artist, on site, on stamped canvas or paper, during the period of the competition, without photographic or mechanical assistance.
A whistle will signal the beginning of the Paint Quick competition at 10:00 A.M. sharp. At 11:50 A.M., 2 whistle blasts will signal that it is time to wrap things up. A whistle will also announce the end of the competition at 12:00 P.M. sharp. Remember: one whistle to begin, 2 whistles to alert you at 11:50, 1 whistle to stop at 12:00.
Each participating artist may submit one piece of artwork for judging. Artwork will be displayed on the artist’s easel and must be in place, with the name/painting title/price tag attached to the back of the easel or painting (if you wish to offer your painting for sale), no later than 12:30.
The judge for the Paint Quick competition will be Spalding Nix of the Spalding Nix Fine Art Gallery.
The judging will be complete by 1:00 P.M. In the competition, the following awards will be given: first place ($300 Binders Gift Card); second place (Gift Certificate for 1 class at the Chastain Arts Center), and third place ($100 Digital Art Studio Gift Card).
All artists may sell their work. A commission of 35% will be withheld. Artists will be mailed a check for their portion of the sale (65%) after the event.
All work and easels must be removed no later than 2:00 p.m.
- Bring all your own materials for this event, including your easel
- Bring a water bottle
- It could rain or be very sunny and bright – be prepared
- Leave enough time to check in, get your canvas stamped and find your spot to paint. Plan ahead and don’t be late!
The Plein Air Paint Out event provides an opportunity to bring some of the local artists in the Atlanta area together to will help celebrate 50 wonderful years of the Chastain Arts Center.
For the release form, please email [email protected]