Menu

Carnegie Education Pavilion

Henri Jova, Stanley Daniels, and John Busby
1996
Marble

This beaux-arts pavilion was created from the intricate facade of the downtown Carnegie Central Library, which was built in 1901 and demolished in 1977 to make way for the Fulton County Library that now stands on the site. Fortunately, these architectural bays were preserved and ultimately used to create this elegant 23 foot square pavilion in 1996. In homage to the Carnegie legacy, it is a monument to higher education in Atlanta with the seals of nine local area colleges and universities embedded in the pavilion floor.

An interdisciplinary design firm, Jova/Daniels/Busby came up for a plan for the pavilion and handled its construction.

Hardy Ivy Park
West Peachtree and Peachtree Streets
Atlanta, GA 30308