Menu

Sidney Lanier

Sidney Lanier

Edward Clark Potter

Sculpture

The classical monument to Sidney Lanier has been a part of Atlanta’s Piedmont Park since 1914. It is meant to serve as a reminder of Georgia’s celebrated native son and the American Renaissance, a time of increased national confidence.

The Sidney Lanier Monument was erected by the Piedmont Park Association in 1914 with funds bequeathed to the Association by Mrs. Livingston Mims. Livingston Mims was the 37th Mayor of Atlanta. The monument was designed by Carrère & Hastings and the bust for its niche created by Edward C. Potter.

 

Piedmont Park

Piedmont Avenue NE

Atlanta GA 30309

————————–

Oglethorpe University

4484 Peachtree Rd NE,

Atlanta, GA 30319